WHOLEFOOD CUISINE NEWSLETTER
Sign up to receive a weekly peek inside our kitchen.
Thanksgiving 4 of 6: Pomegranate Raita
Raita is a traditional condiment of South Asian cuisine that is eaten with spicy dishes to cool the palate.
Having eaten raita many times in Indian restaurants alongside spicy entrees, I decided it would be the perfect complement to my Turkey Tikka Masala for my Thanksgiving Dinner.
I decided to make it with whole milk organic yogurt and pomegranate seeds because that’s what I had available. Then I discovered the end of a cucumber in the refrigerator and decided to add that also.
And then I looked online and found “traditional Indian raita” and it was made with pomegranate and cucumber.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1/4 cup chopped English hothouse cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Chill raita, covered, until ready to serve.