WHOLEFOOD CUISINE NEWSLETTER
Sign up to receive a weekly peek inside our kitchen.
Roasted Maple Butter Apples
I originally found this in a pancake recipe as the topping, but these apples are so delicious prepared this way you can just eat them alone or put them with or on anything.
- 1/4 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large sweet apples (such as Red or Golden Delicious or Gala)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from heat. Mix in maple syrup.
- Cut the apples in quarters, and remove cores. Then cut the quarters into three pieces, from stem to bottom.
- Place the apples in the saucepan, and stir to coat with butter and maple syrup. Place the apples in a single layer on a baking sheet or roasting pan (if you line it with parchment or a silicone baking sheet it will be easier to clean later).
- Roast for 30-45 minutes, until they are fork-tender and slightly brown around the edges.